Jessica Lynn Rohr is a fine artist from Warsaw, Ohio, who specializes in contemporary imaginative art. Her paintings explore both the light and dark sides of mythology, nature, and the mind, with her ideas being conveyed through various creatures, animals, and symbolic elements. Her style balances a combination of clean, intricate details with flowing organic textures and vivid colors.
Coming from an artistic family and having a life-long love of art, she is self-taught as an artist and has nearly 20 years of experience painting. Although she originally got her start in acrylic, she now works in watercolor, which she often combines with other mediums such as ink, metallic acrylic, and mixed media elements.
Imagination is defined as the ability to create with the mind, and art is a medium by which I can take these mental creations and channel them into the physical world.
Each painting begins life in my mind, starting out as a spark of inspiration that can be triggered by anything – internal or external. Possibilities lie all around – in nature’s infinite variety of shapes and textures; symbolic or mental images conjured by thoughts, emotions, music, or dreams; or even the ever-transforming power of life and death.
Just as the source of inspiration can vary from painting to painting, so too can the meaning behind it. Sometimes I’ll begin with an abstract thought, feeling, or concept and build an image around it. Other times it’s the opposite – I’ll begin with an image and establish the meaning behind it later.
With my art, I endeavor to capture these creations of my mind, to offer a glimpse at the beautiful and fantastical, the dark and brutal, and the places that exist beyond the gray curtain of reality.
- 2019 Y-Bridge Arts Festival Best of Show Competition: First Place for “The Ascension of the Sun”
- 2018 FOOT-by-FOOT (Four) Art Show: Second Place for “Festival of the Dogwood”
- 2017 Coshocton Art Prize: Honorable Mention & People’s Choice Awards (Collective Body of Work)
- 2017 Salt Fork Arts & Crafts Festival: Emily Award (Collective Body of Work)
- 2016 Coshocton County Fair: Best of Show for “A Price to Pay”
- 2016 Y-Bridge Arts Festival Best of Show Competition: Honorable Mention for “A Price to Pay”
- 2013 Pomerene Center for the Arts Annual Show: Tie for First Place for “Where the Water Turns to Crystal”
- 2006 Appalachian Women Juried Art Show, Painting Category: Best of Show for “Deep in the Forest”
- 78 Tarot, Ecological Deck, 2020
- The Magical Times Magazine, April-September 2019 Edition
- 78 Tarot, Elemental Deck, 2019